Monday, November 12, 2007

San Jose, Costa Rica

I am not the biggest fan of San Jose, Costa Rica. It is loud, dirty, smelly, and pickpocketers are abundant. It has some good nightlife, but I would not suggest going there during the day. The Jazz Cafe is one of my favorite haunts of the town with real live music almost every night. Usually there is a cover charge of about $4, but it is worth it. The drinks are expensive so I suggest going to the little mini-mart next store where they even sell imported beer!




Statues of Poor Farmers during the Depression in front of the Banco Nacional de Costa Rica


Watch out for that lady! oh wait, its a statue! These works of art line the path of the walking street mall in downtown San Jose. This is where all the shopping action is.



McDonalds and every other American fastfood chain can be found in downtown San Jose.


I love this guy. I always think he is real. He is in the central square park in downtown San Jose.



Grafitti. Everywhere. Josh and I pose in front of a piece we liked.

No comments: