Friday, February 12, 2010

Morocco Travel Photos

These are travel photos from Morocco. I was there in 2007-2008 traveling through Rabat, Casablanca, and Marrakesh. For more information about my trip, visit my travel blog at http://ladythetramp.com.



Photo of a rose garden at a Mosque in Morocco.


Photo of a minaret at a mosque in Marrakesh. Minarets are an architectural structure common in Muslim Mosques. In modern day mosques there are usually speaker attached to the top which blast out the call to pray so people can hear it throughout the city and know when to pray.


Minaret in Morocco.


Photo of painted windows in Morocco. I liked this photo, and thought it would be a good addition to my photos of windows and doors around the world.


Photo of a train station in Morocco. The train system in Morocco is excellent, making it very easy to travel from one city to another.


Photo of spices in a market in Morocco.


Photo of a man walking through the desert in Morocco. I took this photo from my train window when I was traveling between Marrakesh and Casablanca. I like the composition, a single man and a single sheep in the desolate desert.


Photo of Rick's Cafe in Casablanca. I watched the movie Casablanca before I went to Morocco. The whole movie took place in Rick's Cafe, and when I was there I went on a mission to find it. This is not the actual Rick's Cafe (I think that is actually a fictitious place), but this place was built for tourists to visit.


Photo of a pretty Moroccan woman in a Djellaba. She was just standing in the street and I had to get a picture of her.


Photo of women at a olive market in Morocco. I love taking pictures at markets. There is always so much action and so many bright colors to capture. I like the contrast of this photo, with the women wearing dark colors, looking at the bright olives. Morocco is known for growing olives, and since olives are one of my favorite foods, it was like heaven there.

No comments: