Friday, January 15, 2010

Photographs From France

These are some old photographs I took in France. I have about a dozen rolls of film sitting in my refrigerator that I have been waiting for years to develop. I finally had them developed, and was pleasantly surprised to find these images of France. I thought I had just not taken any pictures at all while I was there, because I didn't use my digital camera. I was staying in the small village of Anduze in the south of France, right outside of Nimes with an amazing Chilean family. It was the first snow of the year, and a rare occurrence for te south of France. It was the first time the Chilean woman had ever seen snow, and she happened to be driving when it started. However, the snow storm arrived just in time for Christmas. I took these with an old 35 mm point and shoot, so the quality of the images is not the best.



Park Bench in the snow, France


Snow geese lovers, swimming in a pond during snowfall, France


Persimmons in the snow, France. I think this was one of the most beautiful things I have ever seen in my life. While huge snow flakes drifted down from the gray sky, the city was completely empty, still, and quiet. While I was walking, I stumbled upon these bright orange persimmons covered in snow. It reminded me of a Chinese watercolor, simple and zen. Although, I do not think the photographs does it justice.


Graveyard tombstone, France


Graffiti on a train, France


Graffiti in France


French Graffiti


French Bust


French Signs


Castle Ruins, France. I was amazed by how many old castles there were just lying around the french countryside. Most of the architecture of Anduze was from the 1500's and 1600's, which made me realize how young America is in comparison to France.

No comments: