Saturday, July 9, 2011

Ayutthaya Photographs

I haven't added any photos to the blog for a while. I guess thats what happens when you are abroad and have fluctuating internet capabilities. Now that I am back in the states, I am trying to post my pictures from this past year. Hope you enjoy! The first batch is from Ayutthaya, Thailand. This is a beautiful ancient city near Bangkok. It's a nice place to take a day trip if you are staying in the city. I suggest renting bicycles or motorbikes so that you can run around the city and visit all of the sites on your own. The traffic is pretty calm here for Thailand, so it's pretty easy to get around.


Photo of a Thai lion statue at Wat Thammikarat

More Lions at Wat Thammikarat

These are roosters at Wat Thammikarat. They are associated with the Thai King Naresuan, who ruled in Ayutthaya from 1590 to 1605.

Sign for Chang Beer. mmmm....

Ruins in Ayutthaya. The ruins around the city are lit up at night, which poses a good opportunity for photos.

Another Thai Lion

No comments: